• Your appliance was designed for domestic use only.
• It is not intended to be used in the following cases, which are not
covered by the guarantee.
– In kitchens reserved for staff use in shops, ofﬁces and other
– On farms;
– By hotel or motel clients, or on other residential premises;
– In bed and breakfast accommodation and other similar environments.
• Never ﬁll the kettle past the maximum water level mark, nor below
the minimum water level mark.
• If the kettle is too full, some water may spray out.
• Warning: Never open the lid when the water is boiling.
• Your kettle should only be used with its lid locked, with the base
and the anti-scale ﬁlter supplied.
• Never immerse the kettle, its base or the power cord and plug in
water or any other liquid.
• Never use the kettle if the power cord or the plug are damaged.
Always have them replaced by the manufacturer, its after-sales
service or similarly qualiﬁed persons in order to avoid danger.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with
• Children should not clean or perform maintenance procedures on
the appliance unless they are supervised by a responsible adult.
• WARNING: Be careful to avoid any spillage on the connector
during cleaning, ﬁlling or pouring.
• Always follow the cleaning instruction to clean your appliance;
– Unplug the appliance.
– Do not clean the appliance while hot.
– Clean with a damp cloth or sponge.
– Never immerse the appliance in water or put it under running water.
• WARNING: Risks of injuries if you do not use this appliance correctly.
• Only use your kettle for boiling drinking water.
• WARNING: The heating element surface is subjected to residual
heat after use.
• Be sure to manipulate only the handle during heating until
• Your appliance is intended for domestic use inside the home only
at an altitude below 1000 m.
• The preselected temperatures are given for a product use below an altitude of 1000m. Above
this altitude, the maximum temperature displayed at end of cycle on the product will be the
boiling temperature matching with the altitude of use.
• For your safety, this appliance meets applicable standards and regulations (Directives on Low
Voltage, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Materials in contact with food articles, Environment, etc.).
• Only plug the appliance into an earthed mains outlet. Check that the voltage indicated on the
rating plate of the appliance corresponds to that of your electrical installation.
• Any connection error will invalidate your guarantee.
• The guarantee does not cover kettles that fail to operate or operate badly due to a failure to
descale the appliance regularly.
• Do not let the power cord hang where children may reach it.
• Never disconnect the plug by pulling on the power cord.
• Any intervention other than normal cleaning and maintenance by the customer must be
performed by an Approved Service Centre.
• All appliances are subject to strict quality control procedures. These include actual usage tests
on randomly selected appliances, which would explain any traces of use.
• Never use scouring pads for cleaning purposes.
• To remove the scale ﬁlter, remove the kettle from its base and leave it to cool down. Do not
remove the ﬁlter when the appliance is ﬁlled with hot water.*
• Do not use any method to descale the kettle other than that recommended.
• Keep the kettle and its power cord away from any source of heat, from any wet or slippery
surface and away from sharp edges.
• Never use the appliance in a bathroom or close to a water source.
• Never use the kettle when your hands or feet are wet.
• Always unplug the power cord immediately if you observe any anomaly during operation.
• Never pull on the power cord to remove it from the wall socket.
• Always remain vigilant when the appliance is on, and in particular be careful of the steam
coming out of the spout which is very hot.
• Never leave the power cord hanging from a table top or kitchen counter to avoid any danger of
it falling to the ﬂoor.
• Never touch the ﬁlter* or the lid when the water is boiling.
• Also be careful as the body of stainless steel kettles becomes very hot during operation. Only
touch the handle of the kettle.
• Never move the kettle when it is in operation.
• Protect the appliance from damp and freezing conditions.
• Always use the ﬁlter* during heating cycles.
• Never heat the kettle when it is empty.
• Place the kettle and its power cord on a stable, heat proof and water resistant surface.
• The guarantee covers manufacturing defects and domestic use only. Any breakage or damage
resulting from a failure to comply with these instructions for use is not covered by the guarantee.
* : depending on model
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
1. Remove all of the various packaging, stickers or accessories from both the inside and outside of
2. Adjust the length of the cord by winding it under the base. Wedge the cord into the notch. (g 1)
Throw away the water from the ﬁrst two/three uses as it may contain dust. Rinse the kettle.
1. TO OPEN THE LID, ACCORDING TO THE MODEL
– Press on the locking system and the lid lifts automatically. (g 2)
To close, press down ﬁrmly on the lid.