1 Riding Safety
1. The KickScooter is a recreational product. Before mastering riding skills, you need to practice. Neither Ninebot Inc. (means Ninebot
(Beijing)TechCo.,Ltd. and its subsidiaries and aﬃliates) nor Segway Inc. is responsible for any injuries or damage caused by a
rider's inexperience or failure to follow the instructions in this document.
2. Please understand that you can reduce the risk by following all the instructions and warnings in this manual, but you cannot
eliminate all the risks. Remember that whenever you ride the KickScooter you risk injury from loss of control, collisions, and falls.
When entering into public spaces always comply with the local laws and regulations. As with other vehicles, faster speeds require
longer braking distance. Sudden braking on low traction surfaces could lead to wheel slip, or falls. Be cautious and always keep a
safe distance between you and other people or vehicles when riding. Be alert and slow down when entering unfamiliar areas.
3. Always wear a helmet when riding. Use an approved bicycle or skateboard helmet that ﬁts properly with the chin strap in place, and
provides protection for the back of your head.
4. Do not attempt your ﬁrst ride in any area where you might encounter children, pedestrians, pets, vehicles, bicycles, or other
obstacles and potential hazards.
5. Respect pedestrians by always yielding the right of way. Pass on the left whenever possible. When approaching a pedestrian from
the front, stay to the right and slow down. Avoid startling pedestrians. When approaching from behind, announce yourself and slow
down to walking speed when passing. Please obey local traﬃc laws and regulations if situation is diﬀerent.
6. In places without laws, comply with the safety guidelines outlined in this manual. Neither Ninebot Inc. nor Segway Inc. is
responsible for any property damage, personal injury/death, accidents, or legal disputes caused by violations of the safety
7. Do not allow anyone to ride your KickScooter on his/her own unless they have carefully read this manual and followed the New
Rider Tutorial in the App. The safety of new riders is your responsibility. Assist new riders until they are comfortable with the basic
operation of the KickScooter. Make sure each new rider wears a helmet and other protective gear.
8. Before each ride check for loose fasteners and damaged components. If the KickScooter makes abnormal sounds or signals an
alarm, immediately stop riding. Diagnose your KickScooter via the Segway-Ninebot App and call your dealer/distributor for service.
9. Be alert! Scan both far ahead and in front of your KickScooter — your eyes are your best tool for safely avoiding obstacles and low
traction surfaces (including, but not limited to, wet ground, loose sand, loose gravel, and ice).
10. To reduce risk of injury, you must read and follow all “CAUTION” and “WARNING” notices in this document. Do not ride at an unsafe
speed. Under no circumstance should you ride on roads with motor vehicles. The manufacturer recommends riders be 14+ years
old. Always follow these safety instructions:
A. People who should not ride the KickScooter include:
i. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
ii. Anyone who suﬀers from disease that puts them at risk if they engage in strenuous physical activity.
iii. Anyone who has problems with balance or with motor skills that would interfere with their ability to maintain balance.
iv. Anyone whose weight is outside the stated limits (see Speciﬁcations).
v. Pregnant women.
B. Riders under the age of 18 years old should ride under adult supervision.
C. Comply with local laws and regulations when riding this product. Do not ride where prohibited by local laws.
D. To ride safely, you must be able to clearly see what is in front of you and you must be clearly visible to others.
E. Do not ride in the snow, in the rain, or on roads which are wet, muddy, icy, or that are slippery for any reason. Do not ride over
obstacles (sand, loose gravel, or sticks). Doing so could result in a loss of balance or traction and could cause a fall.
11. Do not attempt to charge your KickScooter if it, the charger, or the power outlet is wet.
12. As with any electronic device, use a surge protector when charging to help protect your KickScooter from damage due to power
surges and voltage spikes. Only use the Segway supplied charger. Do not use a charger from any other diﬀerent product models.
13. Use only Ninebot or Segway approved parts and accessories. Do not modify your KickScooter. Modiﬁcations to your KickScooter
could interfere with the operation of the KickScooter, result in serious injury and/or damage, and void the Limited Warranty.
14. Children should not play with the KickScooter or parts of it nor should cleaning or maintenance be done by children. The use of the
machine results in the transmission of vibrations throughout the driver's body.
15. Always place the KickScooter on its stand on a flat and stable surface. The KickScooter must be placed with the stand against the
slope to prevent it from tipping over. Never place the KickScooter with the front facing down the slope, as the stand may close and
tip the machine. Once the KickScooter is on its stand, check its stability to avoid any risk of falling (by slip, wind or slight jolt). Do
not park the KickScooter in a busy area, but rather along a wall. If possible, always choose to park your KickScooter on flat ground.
16. For a better driving experience, it is recommended to conduct a regular maintenance of the product.
17. Please read the user manual before charging the battery.
18. Do not touch the brake system, it could cause injuries.
19. The A-weighted emission sound pressure level is less than 70 dB(A). The mechanical vibrations transmitted by the KickScooter are
less than 2,5 m/s2.