Recommendations and suggestions
• The Instructions for Use apply to several versions of
this appliance. Accordingly, you may nd descriptions
of individual features that do not apply to your specic
• The manufacturer will not be held liable for any
damages resulting from incorrect or improper
• The minimum safety distance between the cooker
top and the extractor hood is 650 mm (some models
can be installed at a lower height, please refer to the
paragraphs on working dimensions and installation).
• Check that the mains voltage corresponds to that
indicated on the rating plate xed to the inside of
• For Class I appliances, check that the domestic power
supply guarantees adequate earthing.
• Connect the extractor to the exhaust ue through a
pipe of minimum diameter 120 mm. The route of the
ue must be as short as possible.
• Do not connect the extractor hood to exhaust ducts
carrying combustion fumes (boilers, replaces, etc.).
• If the extractor is used in conjunction with non-electrical
appliances (e.g. gas burning appliances), a sufcient
degree of aeration must be guaranteed in the room
in order to prevent the backow of exhaust gas. The
kitchen must have an opening communicating directly
with the open air in order to guarantee the entry of clean
air. When the cooker hood is used in conjunction with
appliances supplied with energy other than electric,
the negative pressure in the room must not exceed
0,04 mbar to prevent fumes being drawn back into
the room by the cooker hood.
• In the event of damage to the power cable, it must
be replaced by the manufacturer or by the technical
service department, in order to prevent any risks.
• Connect the hood to the mains through a two-pole
switch having a contact gap of at least 3 mm.
• If the instructions for installation for the gas hob
specify a greater distance specied above, this has
to be taken into account. Regulations concerning the
discharge of air have to be fullled.
• The extractor hood has been designed exclusively
for domestic use to eliminate kitchen smells.
• Never use the hood for purposes other than for which
it has been designed.
• Never leave high naked ames under the hood when
it is in operation.
• Adjust the ame intensity to direct it onto the bottom
of the pan only, making sure that it does not engulf
• Deep fat fryers must be continuously monitored during
use: overheated oil can burst into ames.
• Do not ambè under the range hood; risk of re.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• “CAUTION: Accessible parts may become hot when
used with cooking appliances”.
• The symbol on the product or on its packaging
indicates that this product may not be treated as
household waste. Instead it shall be handed over
to the applicable collection point for the recycling of
electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this
product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent
potential negative consequences for the environment
and human health, which could otherwise be caused
by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For
more detailed information about recycling of this
product, please contact your local city ofce, your
household waste disposal service or the shop where
you purchased the product.
• Switch off or unplug the appliance from the mains
supply before carrying out any maintenance work.
• Clean and/or replace the Filters after the specied
time period (Fire hazard).
- Activated charcoal lter W These lters are not
washable and cannot be regenerated, and must
be replaced approximately every 4 months of
operation, or more frequently with heavy usage.
- Grease lters Z The lters must be cleaned every
2 months of operation, or more frequently for
particularly heavy usage, and can be washed in
• Clean the hood using a damp cloth and a neutral